Warp 'Zine #6

Warp 'Zine #6.
Zine: Warp 'Zine
Issue: 6
Created by: Brett Foster
Format: 8 1/2" x 11"
Where: Jefferson City, MO
When: 1989

Brett Foster put  Warp out from the capital city of Missouri – Jefferson City. There wasn't a lot of bmx freestyle news coming out of the midwest, but Brett was on top of it, especially new tricks. This issue has write-ups of summer tours by Mongoose and Haro, and the AFA Masters Finals in Wichita, Kansas that Eric and I also attended. Excellent representation of bmx freestyle in the midwest at the time.

Notes: Brett and I met once at an amateur contest in Kansas City. He rode flatland and did very well if I recall correctly. I have negatives from that contest somewhere, and I think there's a few shots of Leo "Animal" Chen riding the quarter pipes, and I think Dennis McCoy was there for a bit. The last page of this issue has a pair of MMTB stickers on display, among others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment